An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Supervising Social Worker to join Quality Foster Care in Doncaster, rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted on a part-time basis (18.5 hours). The service covers the Essex, East London, and the surrounding areas in line with our growth and development strategy.
Working for Quality Foster Care has many benefits arising from its commitment as a Social Enterprise to invest heavily in the services it provides to Foster Carers, children, and members of the staff team. A significant benefit for the person appointed to this post is that they will have a manageable caseload and the support and resources to engage positively with foster carers and children.
Quality Foster Care works from a Trauma-informed and PACE model with integration across our fostering, residential, clinical and education services to achieve the best possible outcomes for young people.
You will be joining a developing service with an impressive carer recruitment pipeline.
Meet our foster families. https://www.qualityfostercare.com/about-us/meet-our-foster-families/
You will be responsible for:
• Direct support of foster carers within a realistic caseload, which enables a high level of supervision, monitoring and intervention.
• Working within a Trauma-informed practice model continually evolving with research and practice developments.
• Assist in initial visits to prospective foster carers and join carer recruitment activities.
• Complete Form F Assessments
• Be part of our Children’s and Young People’s Participations strategy and events
• Work in collaboration with all colleagues and managers to achieve a high standard of service to foster carers and young people whilst meeting all Ofsted requirements.
• Taking part in our Out of Hours support to foster carers on a rota basis
You will receive:
• Formal induction and training in our paperless electronic recording and management system (CHARMs)
• Access to the ASYE Programme for newly qualified social workers
• Professional social work supervision provided by a manager
• Individual and group Clinical supervision provided by a qualified psychologist/clinician.
• Opportunities to integrate with our clinical, education and residential service provision
• Competitive annual leave allowance
• Career progression opportunities
• Market-related salary plus on-call allowance
• Pension scheme and access to employee assistance program
• Perkbox discount scheme membership
• Simply Health Membership
18.5 hours per week – days to be determined.
For the complete role profile, please click apply and download.
20201013_Role Profile_ Supervising_Social_Worker.pdf
We seek a supervising social worker who wants to achieve the best possible outcomes for all our children and foster carers; you will need to have experience of working in the fostering sector and/or with children/young people in social care.
For this role, you must have a formal social work qualification and be registered with Social Work England.
Have a valid driving licence. And the right to work in the UK.
Do not delay your application. For more information, please e-mail our recruitment team at [email protected] or call 01722 435750 option 4
Five Rivers Child Care Ltd and Partner Agencies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children and Young People. Applicants must be willing to undergo appropriate child protection screening, including employment references and DBS check
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age.